Your First Visit
Your First Visit
What to Expect on Your First Visit!
When you walk into Kinetic Physical Therapy you will be greeted by a friendly and knowledgeable staff person in an atmosphere conducive to getting well.
You will meet your personal Doctoral level Physical Therapist, who will kindly ask you about what has brought you to our office. Be prepared to talk briefly about when you began feeling pain, how the injury occurred as well as your general health and past surgeries.
Your Physical Therapist therapist will then conduct an initial evaluation to identify your impairments and musculoskeletal imbalances, including tests for range of motion, muscle length, strength, joint mobility, and soft tissue integrity. Your Physical Therapist will then use a model or illustration to ensure your understanding. After the evaluation, based on your diagnosis and your personal goals, we will create your personalized treatment plan for you. We will then create a home exercise program with specific exercises you can do on your own to speed the recovery process. Your Physical Therapist will explain each exercise and make sure you understand the proper technique. Often times, this will be the extent of the treatment for this visit. Your next visit will be a full treatment session in which you will start to execute your treatment plan. Lastly, you will speak with a member of our administrative staff to create a treatment schedule, which can easily fit into your lifestyle. For your convenience, we can schedule treatment as early as 7:00 am or as late as 7:00 pm.
How frequently will I attend Physical Therapy?
Most prescriptions and treatment schedules are for 2-3 visits per week, but this will vary based on your condition. Physical Therapy sessions typically last an hour. Treatment plans usually are from 6-12 weeks with periodic re-evaluations and regular follow-up visits with your doctor.
- Fill out and print your PATIENT DEMOGRAPHICS INFORMATION for your convenience.
- Fill out and print your MEDICAL HISTORY INFORMATION for your convenience.
- Print and review our INFORMATION PRACTICES POLICY
- Arrive 15 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment to check in.
- Bring all necessary insurance verification, physicians prescription, list of medications, radiographs (MRI's, X-rays), etc.
- Bring or wear comfortable, loose-fitting clothing and a pair of rubber soled shoes.